With school starting back in less than 2 weeks, I am trying to get all my recipes together that are quick, easy, and cheap! I don’t know about y’all but with school, comes dance, and with dance comes money around here. Anytime I can save money on food, and not skimp on flavor, and still stay within Kelsie’s food allergies, I am one happy momma!
This is a meal that we eat a lot around here and the fact that most of you usually have all of these ingredients on hand (except maybe the sausage), I’ll call it cheap!
What do you need?
6-7 medium sized potatoes
1 medium onion
1 package of Chicken Sausage (We used Applegate Chicken & Apple, you could use any of your favorite, it doesn’t have to be chick)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
What do you do?
1. Heat your oven to 400 degrees. While it’s warming up, peel, wash, and cube up your potatoes.
2. You can either grease your baking sheet, or line it with parchment paper.
3. Either way, lay your potatoes out on your baking sheet. Drizzle them with olive oil and toss to coat.
4. While your potatoes are baking slice your onion into thin strips. (they usually take about 18-20 minutes, I turn mine over half way through, but if your in a rush, it’s not necessary)
5. Slice your sausage into about 1/4 inch thick.
6. Heat a large skillet to medium heat, drizzle with some olive oil and throw the onions in.
7. When your onions are about half way cooked through, toss in your sausage. At this time throw in all your spices and stir them in. 8.Cook until the onions are finished and the sausage is a little brown.
9. Toss your potatoes in when they are browned.
Now sit back and enjoy your meal! I usually pair this with green beans or a side salad. You can pair it with your familys’ favorite vegetable.